GET YOUR RESCUE DIVER COURSE
Would you like to take the SSI speciality course "Rescue Diver"?
In your diving life you may have experienced stress in a situation or noticed that a buddy was more nervous than he should have been.
Did you know that stress is one of the main causes of accidents in the underwater world and makes a rescue more difficult?
Many of these accidents could easily have been avoided. Paying attention to signs of stress, equipment failure and not being overconfident are the three most important factors in preventing accidents.
The "Rescue Diver" programme will enable you to:
- Prevent any kind of diving related accidents.
- Adopting a certain leadership role vis-à-vis more or less inexperienced colleagues.
- Increase your level of safety and confidence in your future dives.
- Act correctly in the event of your own or other people's emergency.
Would you like to become a rescue diver?
Do you want to have as much fun as possible while learning new diving techniques?
During the theory sessions of your "Stress and Rescue" programme you will internalise the knowledge that you will need to apply in real situations. You will be prepared to prevent, recognise and manage any circumstances that may lead to stress or emergencies.
You will be able to study from home as soon as you confirm that you wish to take this course with us. The SSI digital manuals will detail you:
- How to conduct the pre-dive check
- What are the most common faults in diving equipment?
- Major common mistakes that can lead to real emergencies
- How to draw up an Emergency Plan
- What is stress and panic and how does it affect the diver?
- How does the equipment work and how to use it properly?
- What is Decompression Sickness (prevention and treatment)
- What are the main baro-traumas (prevention and treatment)?
- Advantages and procedures of the "Buddy System
- Search procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Appropriate rescue techniques
All of these issues will be meticulously explained and reviewed with our top instructors. We will make sure that you understand and internalise this knowledge, in a fun and entertaining way, but guaranteeing that you will be able to put it into practice.
Have a look at the SSI Rescue Diver syllabus at the following link.
CAN WE HELP YOU DECIDE?